Abrasive Wheel Awareness Training
There is a legal requirement for anyone who needs to change abrasive wheels to be trained in accordance with a code of practice in line with: The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER).
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?This course meets the requirements for all operatives who are to be designated by an employer as a competent person to mount abrasive wheels and thus need to know how to safely mount abrasive wheels and discs on portable machines.
- Course induction
- Relevant legislation
- Characteristics of abrasive wheels
- Different types of wheels and discs and their functions
- Hazards arising from the use of abrasive wheels
- Methods of marking, testing, handling and storage
- Wheel mounting
- Wheel dressing
- Work rest adjustment
- Fault finding
- Personal protective equipment regulations and other relevant legislation.