Chemical Response Team Training
This one day course provides on-site personnel with the necessary knowledge and skill in dealing with chemical spillages and incidents.
Delegates will gain an understanding into the actions to be taken in response to chemical incidents, skills in communication with the emergency services and knowledge to lay the foundations for dealing with more serious incidents.
The course material and handouts are used in conjunction with the legal requirements of the associated legislation and Approved Codes of Practice (ACOP).
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is designed for all employees who have an involvement or have a responsibility for chemical incidents on site.
Delegates are not required to have any previous experience.
- At the end of this course delegates should have:
- An awareness of current legislation
- A knowledge of the hazards and risks involved in dealing with chemicals
- An understanding of the risk control measures
- Knowledge of the hazard classes
- An understanding of the properties of the chemicals and the associated hazards
- The ability to interpret the information that accompanies chemicals e.g. placards, labels and safety data sheets
- The knowledge to use the available information to assess the risks associated with a chemical
- The ability to determine safety aspects during chemical incidents including personal protective equipment (PPE)
- An understanding of the pollution control points
- The knowledge to implement the 10 steps to handling chemical spillage incidents
The course content will cover:
- Legal requirements
- Experience of personnel
- Chemical hazards
- Chemicals on site and COSHH system
- Handling chemical spillages
- Chemical unloading and pollution control points
- Practical exercises