Compressed Gas Safety
This 1 day course is ideal for all those involved in the use, handling & storage of compressed (cylinder) gases.
- INTRODUCTION: Including, aims & objectives, legal background & guidance.
- GAS CLASSIFICATION & PACKAGING: Including, cylinder design and construction, supplier responsibilities, cylinder valves, leakage and the safe & correct identification of gas cylinder contents.
- GAS CYLINDER VALVE CONNECTIONS
- BEFORE USE SAFETY CHECKS
- GAS CONTROL EQUIPMENT: Including selection, care, requirements for maintenance and setting up of gas pressure regulators, flashback arrestors, etc. The rudiments of gas cylinder manifold safety; operation and maintenance.
- SAFETY IN THE STORAGE AND HANDLING OF GAS CYLINDERS: To include recommended PPE, use of trolleys, etc.
- THE PROPERTIES & POTENTIAL HAZARDS OF THE GASES ON SITE
- ACTIONS TO BE TAKEN IN THE EVENT OF AN EMERGENCY: Incidents & accidents - examples to illustrate the key hazards associated with cylinder gases.
- PRACTICAL HANDLING SESSION