Confined Space Full Breathing Apparatus incl Search and Rescue Techniques
This two day high risk course is aimed at employees who may be required to work in or enter confined spaces.
Delegates are provided with the safe knowledge and skill required to enter into a dangerous or irrespirable atmosphere, using self contained breathing apparatus for the purpose of carrying out work or safe rescues.
Delegates will gain familiarity in the use of respiratory protection by the provision of a self contained breathing apparatus set, leading to an understanding of its operation and safe practices.
The course material and handouts are used in conjunction with the Confined Spaces Regulations 1997, associated legislation and Approved Codes of Practices (ACOP).
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This programme is designed for managers, supervisors and operatives who may be required to make an emergency evacuation from a confined space using escape breathing apparatus or enter into a confined space using full breathing apparatus to carry out a variety of work activities, including search and rescue.
Delegates do not require any previous experience.
At the end of this course delegates should be able to:
- Understand the requirements of Confined Space legislation and the associated ACOP
- Identify a confined space and its reasonable foreseeable risks
- Have the knowledge and skill to select the appropriate methods of risk control
- Select the appropriate safety equipment that may be used when entering a confined space
- Know the appropriate pre-use checks
- Understand basic first aid and gain skills on providing CPR to an unconscious casualty
- Conduct an entry into a confined space using full breathing apparatus
- Carry out rescues using full CABA
- Carry out a self rescue using Escape Breathing Apparatus
The course content covers:
- Confined space regulations 1997, associated legislation and ACOP
- Methods of risk control
- Risk assessment
- Permit to work system
- Atmospheric monitoring
- United utilities SSW 13
- Health hazards and control
- Safety equipment and pre-use checks
- Escape and full working breathing apparatus
- Practical exercise and assessment
2 days (12 Hours approx)