Confined Space Vessel Entry
This one day course is aimed at employees who may be required to work in or enter confined spaces.
The course material and handouts are used in conjunction with the Confined Spaces Regulations 1997, associated legislation and Approved Codes of Practices (ACOP).
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This programme is designed for managers, supervisors and operatives who may be required to make an emergency evacuation from a confined space using escape breathing apparatus.
Delegates do not require any previous experience.
At the end of this course delegates should be able to:
- Understand the requirements of Confined Space legislation and the associated ACOP
- Identify a confined space and its reasonable foreseeable risks
- Have the knowledge and skill to select the appropriate methods of risk control
- Select the appropriate safety equipment that may be used when entering a confined space
- Know the appropriate pre-use checks
- Understand basic first aid and gain skills on providing CPR to an unconscious casualty
- Carry out a self rescue using Escape Breathing Apparatus
The course content covers:
- Confined space regulations 1997, (updated ACOP 2009) associated legislation
- Methods of risk control
- Risk assessment
- Permit to work system
- Atmospheric monitoring
- United utilities SSW 13
- Health hazards and control
- Safety equipment and pre-use checks
- Escape breathing apparatus
- Conducting a self rescue using escape breathing apparatus
- Practical exercise and assessment
1 day (6 hours approx dependent upon numbers)