Dangerous Substances and Explosive Atmospheres Regulations 2002
This 1 day course is aimed at all employees working in environments with potential DSEAR situations.
The sessions cover the legal aspects of The Dangerous Substances and Explosive Atmosphere Regulations (DSEAR) 2002 and how these apply to attendees. This will enable them to understand their legal obligations and in turn help their employer comply with their legal duty.
- What is a"hazardous area"
- DSEAR 2002 objective
- How is the hazardous area created
- Explosive atmosphere terminology
- What is LEL and UEL
- Methods of control
- What are ignition sources
- Hazardous area classification criteria
- What is the Atex Directive
- Electrical apparatus selection
- What is "T" rating
- Contents of an explosion protection document