Fire Warden Refresher
This half day refresher course is aimed existing designated Fire Wardens. It equips the delegates with the necessary knowledge and skills to continue their roles and responsibilities as Fire Wardens.
The course material and handouts are used in conjunction with the Department for Communities Local Government (DCLG) Fire Safety Guides and the current legislation.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This programme is ideal for existing Fire Wardens or Marshals.
- An awareness of Regulatory Reform Fire Safety Order (RRFSO)
- Knowledge of the typical role of a fire warden in the workplace
- Awareness of key fire safety duties under the RRFSO, including: Fire Safety, Means of Escape, Fire Alarms, Log Book and Fire Notices
- An understanding of the modes of evacuation
- Skills to recognise and address human behaviour in a fire situation
- Knowledge and skill to undertake fire alarms, drills and to supervise emergency procedures
- Awareness of how to prevent fire or limit its impact
- The ability to identify fire hazards in the workplace
- The ability to identify and use a range of portable fire extinguishers on live fires
- Review of modern fire safety law
- The role of the fire warden
- Human behaviour in a fire
- Basic principles of a fire risk assessment
- Routine fire prevention measures
- Modes of evacuation
- Fire drills and pre planning
- Fire fighting equipment
- Fire science
- Theory of combustion
- Extinguisher types
- Principles of extinguishment
3 hours approx