Incident Command and Control
This new course brings together the theory and practice behind Incident and Crisis Management. Developed specifically for organisations who take their incident management seriously and is usually tailored to suit the environment and the objectives of the client. This course explains the incident escalation curve and contingency plans within an organisation's Business Continuity and Emergency Preparedness structure.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Incident Managers, Crisis Managers, Contingency Planners, Directors, Facilities Managers and other key workers who have an involvement within the command and control structure.
The course content will cover:
- Current legislation
- Incident control plans for On site and Off site and your role within it
- First response objectives
- Better alarm handling - understanding the facts
- Major Accident Prevention Policy (MAPP)
- COSHH Data sheet interpretation
- Communications (internal / external) including exercise
- Radio procedures
- Briefing, debriefing, strategy
- Establishing intent (goal setting)
- Command structures
- Incident response, business recovery, resourcing
- Business continuity
- Dynamic Risk Assessment
- Incident logs
- Revision of day one
- Setting the scene
- Dealing with external agencies (fire, police, ambulance, coastguard)
- Live exercises (including involvement of casualty union)
- Full and extensive de-brief after each exercise
- Monitor and assessment of delegates will be carried out throughout both days
- A written report on each delegate will be provided if required.