Risk Assessment and Method Statements
Risk assessments are a legal requirement and an integral part of the safety management process within any organisation. The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 brought about the concept of risk assessment for all work activities.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Personnel who are required to undertake risk assessments and produce method statements within the scope of their duties. Also this course is beneficial to managers with the responsibility to manage this process.
To provide personnel with sound practical skills and knowledge to carry out thorough risk assessments and put in place suitable risk control measures, including valid method statements.
- Legal background to risk assessment
- The key components of a risk assessment necessary to make it suitable and efficient
- Hazard and risk
- 5 steps to risk assessment
- Different types of risk assessment
- Risk assessment proforma
- Hierarchy of risk control
- Site specific or generic
- Method statement and/or risk assessment
- Practical risk assessment
- Managing the risk assessment process